Saturday, March 30, 2013

Disco Easter Nails (Fail)

Sometimes I can be slow.

All this week, I kept thinking that I had to decide what to do for my nails for Easter this weekend; then today, I had a huge epiphany that my Sunday brunch tomorrow would be an Easter Sunday brunch (and probably packed. Or will it? I can't decide if Easter means more or less people will be going out.). The entire week, Easter was less an actual day and more a design theme. I guess that tells me how I rank my nails and my food.


So these did NOT turn out the way I had planned, and I'm honestly not satisfied with them. Originally I had wanted to do the design on my Liberty water bottle, which I will do at a later point, but I don't have a dotting tool so this time it turned out really bad. I think I tried that design about four times before I finally decided to order some dotting and gave up for the night. I actually went to work with bare nails the next day!

Luckily on my way home, I stopped by the shops and found When Monkeys Fly by O.P.I. Actually I thought I could bypass the dotting tool in my original plan and replace the large dots with the glitter in this polish, but that was a colossal fail, too. D:

Instead I ended up with these, which totally remind me of a disco ball. The glitter came from When Monkeys Fly by O.P.I, the pinky, coral color is from a mini bottle of Sephora by O.P.I that came in one of those packages so I don't have the name anymore, and the gold is from The Face Shop.

I hope it's not too obvious in the picture, but they're kind of messy and lumpy and have some of the small glitter mixed in. Polka dots are always a good way to go, and I like the color combination, but I need to clean it up. If I do these again, the polka dots need to be staggered and not like a grid. Also, the glitter is curved, so you have to place the concave side down to fit the curve of your nail.

I thought about not posting this, but I figure I should document the successes and failures of my nail art. As of now, I'm at a 50% success rate. But I have a Essie's Matte About You top coat, dotting tools, nail art brushes and some rhinestones coming in soon, so I'm looking forward to playing with those! Now it's back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment